Monday, September 26, 2011

Photo project



A week or so ago I started a 365 day photo project in an effort to push me to think creatively, work on my photography techniques, and look for picture opportunities everywhere I go.

I think it must be working somewhat because Heather says I'm commenting on everything in terms of what might make a good photograph nowadays.

The downside is that the camera and case is rather bulky and I haven't been carrying it around with me all the time, so I've definitely missed some opportunities for what might have been a good picture. This also means that I have sometimes had to take pictures inside, which severely limits my subject matter, and often forces me to use my flash.

I've been reading some books on wedding photography and photography in general and I realize that using flash still confuses me. Not necessarily knowing when to use flash, because I think that's fairly easy, but knowing how much flash when you're at certain exposure settings or distances in order to get a pleasantly exposed picture that doesn't turn the background black or completely overexpose and flatten the image. I think in the future I'm going to need to take some sort of course or workshop on it because I think understanding flash better and not relying on 'auto' will make me a better photographer.

Anyway, here is one of my 365 day photos, which I will be keeping an album of on facebook. I'll post my favorite here when they come up.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment